Looking for a rewarding opportunity in Hospice? Come be a part of our great team. Companion Hospice in Simi Valley, is currently seeking a Full-Time Registered Nurse in our team. We are growing; our case loads are small to allow for that growth. Our patients come first and our employees are our most important asset!
WHAT YOU BRING TO COMPANION
- Your medical expertise to be the liaison between the medical team and all other disciplines that visit your patients. Your unique approach as a Registered Nurse to educate the patients and families regarding disease process, medication use and end of life issues
WHAT COMPANION BRINGS TO YOU
- We are an open access hospice. Every person entrusted to our care is a VIP. We welcome your non-traditional ideas regarding comfort and symptom management for each individual person on your caseload
- Flexible scheduling to meet your needs as well as the needs of your patients.
- Companion is a large company with mom and pop style. We have a lot of resources to support you in anything you need to care for your patients, including education on any new equipment, meds or procedures your patients may need.
Companion offers a comprehensive healthcare leadership course to those employees who want to be a leader in a healthcare organization. In addition, to earning 30 CEU s, you will dig into leadership topics such as: technology driven care, population health management, reading, interpreting and projecting from financial reports, leadership styles and mentorship program, Human Resources and Federal/California laws.
Registered Nurse - RN
- Preferably a BSN degree from a nursing program accredited by the National League of Nursing
- At least 1 year of either of the following:
- 1 year of varied work experience as a professional nurse
- Possession of a current license to practice as a registered professional nurse in the State of California.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and respond to the needs of patients and families in varied settings.
- Skilled in nursing practices
- Able to cope with family emotional stress
- Tolerate individual lifestyles.
- Demonstrated skill in administrative performance
- Demonstrated ability to execute a supportive, sensitive approach to staff and patient/family.
Registered Nurse - RN
- Wonderful working environment
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Vacation PTO
- Sick PTO
Associated topics: bsn, ccu, infusion, intensive care unit, nurse, psychiatric, recovery, registed, staff nurse, surgery