Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof Job Description:Summary This position will be responsible for managing, developing, providing leadership, vision and direction to an organization of skilled IT development professionals who will be focused on delivering high value Digital solutions for the Business using the agile methodology. This individual will partner with other IT Leaders and Business Stakeholders to understand the current and future needs of skills and competencies within the GAF Digital landscape and work towards meeting the needs by either coaching/training/developing existing team members or recruiting talent from outside. This individual will also be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with vendor partners to help provide high quality software development and managed services to meet Business objectives. The Competency Lead will be required to contribute to the Digital application/platform roadmap and build a strong capable organization to help support and enhance the GAF Digital application portfolio which includes cloud native applications built on Azure and GCP platforms, custom built Enterprise web applications, mobile applications, content management systems, Customer and Sales focused custom off the shelf platforms. Key challenges of this individual will be to focus on building the right capability and talent within the organization to help achieve high-value delivery as opposed to focusing on solutions delivery. Essential Duties
- Developing a competency framework and vision for the Digital competency center
- Collaborating with other IT Leaders and Stakeholders to understand current and future skill set needs in the digital space
- Ensuring team members are skilled in current development technologies and positioned to evolve to the latest, more future-oriented development technologies
- Guiding the Development Leads/Managers within the digital applications organization to develop a capability assessment and development plan for team members
- Building and maintaining relationships with key software development, staffing and managed services vendor partners and ensuring service level agreement (SLA) performance standards are enforced
- Identify current and future digital competency needs for the organization today and for the future. This would include identifying what skills can be acquired, trained or developed within the organization vs. working with partners to acquire the skills necessary
- Providing coaching, guidance and performance management to team members
- Implementing development best practices, and methodologies (including agile) across the organization
- Overseeing the implementation of processes and tools to automate code releases from development to operations (DevOps)
- Collecting real-time feedback on your team members from the IT and Business Stakeholders, drive continuous improvements to increase productivity, optimize the customer experience, and reduce costs and risks through innovation, operational, and technological enhancement
- Leading all organizational development and HR related aspects of the organization including recruiting, talent management, performance management, and succession planning
General Knowledge/ Skills
- Strong understanding of Kubernetes, Dockers, Microservices Architecture, Event Driven Architecture, Azure and GCP cloud offerings.
- Good understanding of various authentication protocols like oAuth2.0, OpenId Connect, SAML and other.
- Good knowledge of Mobile application development (Xamerin, ReactNative, Andriod, Ionic, and iOS Native).
- Good understanding of technical platforms such as Sitecore, Akeneo, Salesforce, AODocs, and GSuite.
- Solid understanding and experience (preferred) in DevOps methodology.
- Solid understanding and proven track record leveraging industry best practices and standards including modern architecture and development practices, ITIL and SDLC.
- Leadership quality including the ability to motivate, inspire, counsel, and facilitate individuals and teams to take responsibility and accountability for the goals.
- Strong collaborative skills to work across multiple stakeholder groups to translate business strategies, initiatives, goals, and objectives.
- Ability to influence Leaders and define strategy.
- Ability to effectively communicate and report to different levels within and outside the IT Organization.
- 10 plus years of continuous IT and business/industry work experience with at least 7 years managing medium to large teams and a minimum of 7 years focused on delivering digital solutions/technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT/Computer related field (advanced degree preferred).
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).