As Lead HRIS Analyst, you will be the subject matter expert of our HR system of record, and support its optimization, maintenance and implementation of changes or new functionality. You will leverage your 5 to 7+ years of relevant HRIS experience, commitment to data integrity, and experience in training those around you to make you a strong force in spearheading best practices and change management. Through your strong analytical skills, communication strength, and dedication to partners, you will showcase the value that robust data and systems can bring to how we work. You'll also be an integral part in helping to identify, select, and implement new HR information systems and maintain and/or improve existing ones.
- Serve as lead subject matter expert and act as a key resource of HR Systems projects including Workday system upgrade processes, deployment of new functionality, partnering with HR functional areas on system related process work, and major system implementation or integration project work.
- Lead medium to large projects by driving activities such as project planning, business requirements gathering, business process mapping, system architecture, process analysis, developing process documentation for configuration, suggesting and maintaining project documentation standards.
- Responsible for system configuration and build work. Guide, train, lead and consult with functional users to identify best practice and strategy in configuration.
- Drive all aspects of project testing including development of test strategy and test scripts, secure and coordinate testers, compile metrics and documentation of test defects, remediation and test completion.
- Drive deployment plan and timeline. Ensure all necessary parties are updated of project status and escalate when additional oversight is required.
- Partner with other team members to review training and change management needs with all projects.
- Facilitate system training and communication as needed.
- Work and partner with vendor resources as needed.
- Research and resource opportunities to extend and optimize Workday usage.
Workday Systems Support & Administration.
- Workday Pro Certification in one or more of HCM, Compensation, Recruiting, Benefits, Performance, Talent, Time and Absence Management.
- Drive data integrity within Workday and between systems; develop audit, research and resolution processes. Ensure that data follows compliance needs and govern data mapping.
- Identify efficiencies through automation in the areas of business processes, integrations, and data loads.
- Provide high level of analytical support on ad hoc projects or requests.
- Handle reporting strategy work and ad hoc reporting requests.
- Enhance metrics and dashboard build and usage.
- Perform bulk data loads to Workday using EIBs as needed.
- Oversee daily administration of Workday to include best practice of system setup; oversee correction work when required with related action, and drive consistent practice.
- Provide new user training to Workday and administrative processing for particular HR users, including report writer training.
- Maintain Workday standard integrations and provide basic integration troubleshooting.
- Handle escalated helpdesk and day to day issue resolution; ensure delivery of high quality customer service to end users; utilize ticket maintenance tool and work with Operations team and/or the HRIS manager / director to resolve high level production issues.
- Identify trends or root cause behaviors for frequently occurring audit issues or integrations errors.
- Act as a Named Support Contact with Workday and handle Workday support communication for HR functional areas and issues.
- Be cross-trained on other HR systems to provide backup administration duties as needed.
- Work to achieve on-going process improvement mindset within HRIS.
- Establish and maintain best practices with necessary audit and review processes.
- Build relationships with global HR teams and cross department personnel.
- Experience in creating advance and composite HRIS reports
- Must be an advanced user of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint; In Excel, must have ability to create pivot tables/charts, vlookups).
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities; with strong data analysis acumen and focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Solid understanding of overall HR functional areas and HR business processes, as well as interdependencies with Payroll, IT and Finance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, independent, proactive, team player
- Ability to manage change effectively
- Ability to quickly learn concepts and understand process configuration in a system
- Experience using Agile project management methodology preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Workday managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Workday Pro Certification in one or more of HCM, Benefits, Compensation, Recruiting, Performance, Talent, Time and Absence Management.
- Experience creating advance and composite reports.
- Must be an advanced user of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.