SSI is an 8(m) economically disadvantaged woman owned small business (EDWOSB), providing cleared professionals and solutions for the Department of Defense, Department of State, Special Operations, and Intelligence Community. SSI provides instructors, cultural advisors, linguists, interpreters, translators, subject matter experts, advisors, mentors, role players, training support specialists, training delivery officers, intelligence analysts, counterintelligence (CI) specialists, technical support, field technicians, security professionals, logistics specialists, operations coordinators, budget specialists, administrative support specialists, emergency medical technicians (EMT), exercise controllers (EXCON), mission managers, project managers, program managers for a wide variety of mission critical requirements.
This position will be stationed in Arlington, VA and is contingent upon contract award.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities / Description
* Provides open source monitoring, assistance, and support to domestic investigative offices, protection details, protective intelligence offices, intelligence analysis offices, and other client and external consumers.
* Produces products include researching, triaging, and interpreting data pertinent to assessments of threats, suspicious and hostile activities, and significant incidents.
* Reviews incoming open source information and maintain a database to assess the accuracy, credibility, validity and relevance of known media sources.
* Prepares preliminary referrals related to open source threats, suspicious and hostile activities, and significant incidents.
* Interprets, plans, and executes the collection of open source intelligence as necessary to meet client priorities including operations in support of large-scale, multi-national events domestically and abroad.
* Provides technical advice and guidance in the planning and execution of open source collection operations.
* Prepares and presents written and oral briefings to special agents, program management, other client departments / leadership, and law enforcement, defense, and intelligence partners on open source monitoring and triage.
* Assists training teams in the development of training modules by providing operational information and feedback on new training opportunities for program staff and overseas monitoring elements regarding open source monitoring and operations.
* Builds and maintains relationships and collaborative networks with the client and across law enforcement (federal, state and local), security, and intelligence communities to share information, best practices, and lessons learned. Where appropriate, establishes and maintains liaison within the client and across the law enforcement, defense, and intelligence communities to represent the client; obtain resources and support; and plan and coordinate activities.
* Develops and implements new and innovative strategies for gathering open source information or intelligence in support of client priorities and mitigation initiatives to address gaps and shortfalls in the collection and triage of open source intelligence.
* Attends internal and external trainings, seminars, and conferences to acquire knowledge of new and emerging data sets, specialized tools, and advanced collection techniques that can be used to support open source intelligence operations.
* Informs and advances the program's use of relevant and developing technologies.
* Working with program management, uses ad-hoc program monitoring priorities in the creation of boolean or other query-language algorithms used in commercial and unclassified tools.
* Active Secret clearance.
* Must be a U.S. citizen.
* Bachelor's degree with four (4) years of experience or seven plus (7+) years of experience with no degree.
* Experience includes conducting open source and academic research, all-source intelligence and targeting. No substitution of education or training may be made for the required experience.
* Must have knowledge of open source concepts, methods, and practices to provide technical and analytical support for the planning, conduct, and coordination of intelligence research and analysis operations.
* Must have knowledge of qualitative and quantitative various techniques to effectively locate and identify information of concern regarding client's equities in publicly available information including social, news, and traditional media.
* Must have knowledge of internet-based research, including boolean logic, search engine and database resources, and internet sources, such as social media, social networking tools, data exploitation, and commercial- and industry-based database in order to conduct complex open source operations focused on a wide range of client monitoring priorities that may include threats, political violence, crime, terrorism and other critical security priorities for internal and external customers.
* Must have knowledge of foreign language research methodologies using internationally-focused web sites to conduct complex open and all-source operations focused on a wide range of client monitoring priorities that may include threats, political violence, crime, terrorism and other critical security priorities for internal and external customers.
* Must have knowledge of machine language translation methods to address various formats such as printed and online documents in order to conduct complex open and all-source operations focused on a wide range of client monitoring priorities that may include threats, political violence, crime, terrorism and other critical security priorities for internal and external customers.
* Must have knowledge of advanced search techniques, information databases, data visualization, and related tools to conduct complex open and all-source investigative operations focused on a wide range of client monitoring priorities that may include threats, political violence, crime, terrorism and other critical security priorities for internal and external customers.
* Must have the ability to establish liaisons and interact effectively with individuals at all levels to coordinate activities with other intelligence and law enforcement personnel engaged in planning and conducting operations (investigative, protective operations, etc.) utilizing open source materials.
* Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to prepare and present open source trends, promote information sharing with other organizations, provide advice and guidance, present and defend recommendations, and participate in meetings.
Mid Atlantic Professionals Inc., DBA/SSI is committed to providing equal opportunity to all associates without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, or physical disability. The Company is committed to provide reasonable accommodation (including making change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternative format) to qualified individuals with disabilities to apply for a job or to perform a job. To request reasonable accommodation please contact HR Department at ...@groupssi.com or 301-###-####.