One of the leading Healthcare providers in Cincinnati is seeking an experienced Operating Room RN for a permanent position.
- 8-HR Days with Some On-call Annual Comp $100k
A Cardiac Cath Lab Registered Nurse is a highly competent, valuable member of the professional health care team, who through clinical experience and education, performs with high level of sophistication. The Cardiac Cath Lab Registered Nurse functions independently of supervision in making observations and nursing judgments by use of the nursing process.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing program.
- Licensed by the State of Ohio as a Registered Nurse.
- Advanced Basic Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS) certifications required (will train if necessary.)
- Minimum Two years of clinical experience required.
- Interventional or cardiac experience and one-year recent cath lab experience preferred.
- Must be experienced and able to identify, coordinate, and respond to potential medical crisis situations.
- Interpersonal and verbal communication skills that facilitate effective interactions with patients and their families, physicians, and other health care providers.
- Practices appropriate radiation protection / shielding
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge of the specific conditions, diseases and treatment therapies for patients undergoing cardiac cath procedures.
- Accurately identifies and monitors cardiac arrhythmias, vital signs, oxygen levels, heart devices (pacemakers and defibrillators) and implement correct treatment according to physician direction and/or standing orders.
- Maintain competency in and ability to perform and evaluate a wide variety of cardiac tests, including stress tests, stress echocardiograms, CT coronary angiograms, sheath removals, urinary catheterization, and conscious sedation administration.
- Institutes emergency procedures in the absence of a physician to offset life threatening situations; maintains the defined institution s policies and procedures.
- Proficient in the use of the equipment within all areas of interventional exams, physiologic monitoring system operations, and sterile operating technique.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure coordination and communication with the physician on scheduling changes as well as liaison to calls on behalf of the physician.
- Performs daily checklist prior to the start of procedures, check of Code Chart on operation days and department QA/ statistical functions as assigned and per policy.
- Performs patient assessment pre, post and during procedure. Ability to recognize, respond, and report any changes in status to the physician.
- Assists with set up of various equipment for procedures, practices aseptic technique and is present in the room to assist physician and care for the patient.
- Perform vessel and LV analysis in the interventional labs
- Knowledge of medications, including mixing, use, and administration of per Physician instruction.
- Achieve homeostasis manually and/or mechanically and assess puncture sites and homeostasis.
- Functions in a Code situation according to ACLS standards and operate related equipment: Suction and Oxygen, defibrillator, IABP, Temporary Pacemaker, Infusion Pumps.
- General knowledge of digital imaging, how to save and retrieve data, roadmaps and loops.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of patient protocol, procedure log and paperwork per protocol.
- Identification of patient consent, pertinent medical history and procedure indications.
- Makes correct CDs and record envelope for each procedure.
- Records pertinent information on the procedure billing sheet and charges patient appropriately.
- Notifies patient care unit of changes in schedule or patient care accommodations (overnight, elevated labs, sheath remains in, etc.)
- Receives inventory and stores all stock, reports par levels to person responsible for ordering.
- Assists in re-stocking.
- Assists in obtaining venous access when necessary.
- All other marginal duties as assigned
Call 844-###-#### or Apply Online Today!!
Associated topics: ambulatory, cardiothoracic, care, coronary, domiciliary, hospice, nurse, registed, registered nurse, unit