Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Penn National Gaming we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
* Processes requests for new positions by performing appropriate job description audit, job analysis/evaluations, and relevant research considering both internal equity and external factors to support competitive, cost effective and compliant positioning of compensation recommendations and decisions.
* Participates in approved local/national salary benchmarking surveys/market and best practice research and analyzes appropriate responses as needed by managing the necessary research, data retrieval, computation, manipulation, analysis, preparation, review and submission of data surrounding total compensation.
* Ensures job grid for new Penn properties is updated appropriately for successful connection with HRIS System.
* Maintains up to date knowledge of current and new legislation as it relates to best HR practices and generally accepted management principles.
* Prepares compensation related ad hoc and scheduled reports and develops tools to support forecasting and planning.
* Ensures compliance with FLSA, DOL, federal, state and local regulations regarding pay and compensation.
* Obtains guidance and interpretation of compensation policies and programs and evaluates requests for changes and updates.
* Documents methodology, assumptions, and decisions on compensation issues to ensure consistency of decisions.
* Identifies opportunities for compensation process improvements and introduction of best practices.
* Makes program recommendations to ensure competitive pay, retention and motivation.
* Perform special projects and ad hoc analysis as requested.
* Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
* Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from accredited four-year college in Finance, Economics, Human Resources, or related field; three to five years of experience in a corporate setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must have technical proficiency and knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). Must have knowledge of HRIS Systems such as Ultimate Software (UltiPro) and compensation tools such as Comp Analyst.
* Must be able to work under pressure and meet assigned deadlines.
* Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work independently, balance multiple projects and processes simultaneously.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Must have strong analytical skills.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Must have the ability to interact with colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: benefit analyst, benefit specialist, compensation consultant, compensation specialist, consultant, incentive compensation analyst, incentive compensation specialist, payroll consultant, pension, salary