Join the technology industry. Start a career at TBI! Our organization is built for growth. Growing partnerships. Growing technology relationships. And most importantly, growing careers. We foster an environment where those new to the industry have access to industry leaders, channel insights and resources for career-pathing.
TBI is one of the nation s leading third-party technology distributors. For more than 25 years TBI has been assisting IT consultants, VARs, MSPs and more than 2,500 other industry professionals to source, advise and quote the right customer solutions.
TBI serves as our partners' advocate, ensuring the most competitive prices and trouble-free provisioning of cloud, internet, data, mobility, voice, and managed services from over 70 service providers. Through a variety of training programs, marketing support, and back-office tools, TBI empowers our partners to be the foremost authority and single source provider for all of their customers' technology needs.
The Director, Strategic Accounts wins, maintains, and expands relationships with nationwide partners to sell services through TBI. Primary sales activity will be focused on acquisition of new revenue from larger and strategic partners while also providing additional support to these partners on an ongoing basis in an effort to develop the business.
The successful candidate will help develop strategic business plans to help drive revenue through the partners. He/she must be able to drive a team to achieve revenue targets and to grow revenue with our partners on the back of these relationships. The Director, Strategic Accounts must be able to build and manage a team who can cultivate trusted advisor relationships with partner contacts located nationwide while working with all team to discover partner revenue growth opportunities while also ensuring a smooth onboarding process of new partners.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Recruits and collaborates with partners to achieve recruitment and sales goals
- Builds and retains a high-performing strategic account management team that engages with our partners
- Understands partner companies and creates business plans as well as monthly/quarterly revenue targets with top departments
- Develops and drives the account planning process for our top strategic accounts
- Completes direct sales for Partners providing lead referrals
- Provides an escalation point for pre and post-sales of indirect sales closed by the Partner
- Builds and nurtures relationships to solidify our commitment to the partners
- Meets with the VP, Sales and Operations monthly to review partner outreach, sales metrics, and strategic opportunities
- Achieves quarterly margin quota
- Proves information for on-going training related to industry trends and vendor offerings
- Reports on progress of each newly recruited partner for quotes and orders
- Works with sales to look for ways to continually streamline processes
- Has the ability to hire and build a team and to manage performance to ensure career growth opportunities
- Attends vendor trainings for new products
- Attends TBI Sales Summit quarterly
- Travels 25% of the time
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, or equivalent channel experience
- 8+ years of experience in telecommunications channel sales required
- 10+ years of experience managing a sales team required
- 3 years Fortune 500 enterprise sales experience with proven track record
- Proven track record exceeding revenue quota targets
- Experience working with the VAR and Distributor channel preferred
- Understanding of Cisco, Microsoft, and other major hardware/software manufacturers channel strategies a plus
- Experience with UCaaS and knowledge of sales cycle of UC related products
- Proven ability to develop consultative relationships with external partners and strong relationships with internal cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and develop a high performing team
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Professional communication and presentations skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up
- Demonstrated problem-resolution skills
- Commitment to company values
What s In It For You: Team TBI Health & Wellness Benefits
- Shared cost health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Choice of health insurance plans
- Flexible spending account
- Vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Domestic partner benefits
- TBI Fit wellness program
Additional Team TBI Benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Extensive growth opportunities
- Generous PTO and paid holidays for full time employees
- Extra cash opportunities through company points program
Candidates for all positions with TBI must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for any positions with TBI.
TBI is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Associated topics: benefit specialist, compensation, enrollment, hr, human resource, interview, labor, recruiter, talent accquisition, talent management